Saturday, July 31, 2010

Flower Market

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I had the wonderful experience of going to the Fannin Flower Market in downtown Houston--a strip of independent flower wholesalers on Fannin. We even got to have some quality time with some of my favorite people, Ms. Tracey, Vanessa and precious Riley. We visited three different places and, while the heat and the language barrier slowed us down a little bit, it was a very successful experience!

A few of my favorites:

I loved hydrangeas, snapdragons, stock, hypericum, and other similar fillers, because the look I am going for is a more wild look than the traditional round or cathedral style bouquets. My biggest challenge I think, will be making the bouquet look Fall enough, rather than Springy. The relief was that I have spent all my time looking on websites to order flowers since we are doing all our own flowers. As it turns out, I won't have to do this. We will go to the flower market early in the morning on the week of the wedding and select our flowers to build with! I am very excited about working with the particular shoppe we found and the adventure of piecing the perfect flowers together. The owner was a wonderful character too,

All in all, it was a wonderfully unique cultural experience, a wedding planning success, and fun to see a part of Houston I had not experienced before. Thank the Lord for all the walk-in freezers. I cannot wait to see how the bouquets turn out!

2 comments:

  1. Ya'll are having so much fun planning your wedding. Wish I could in on just a little! I miss and love you all.
    Ms. Davlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun and definitely successful trip! Really relieved our concerns about the flowers. Although, I just realized Kathryn will not be home for the Wednesday morning selection process. Mittie will be with me so I guess it will be up to the mamas!

    ReplyDelete