Anyhow, back to the Dallas trip. We successfully found Bailey's dress, which was surprisingly not one of the ones she had selected online at all, although it was the crinkle chiffon. It's different because its side drape creates an almost geometric look and I know my shape wouldn't have pulled it off like her by any means. She looked stunning. I will note here that beware of going to the Priscilla of Boston store if they know you are sending your measurements to the Houston boutique, or any other, because the drastic difference between our wonderful treatment in Houston and the disregard in Dallas, was very noticeable and disappointing.
It was a successful venture nevertheless, although I wish we could've somehow convinced them that Yoryu Satin dresses should be made available in French Blue. Sarah was Bailey's little dress assistant and Branson faithfully offered up his comments. I love going into these stores if for no other reason than to look at all the wedding dresses (and I have a distinct urge to climb in amongst them on their hangers and rest there in between the masses of matte silk and satin) but its doubly entertaining with the groom around.
Sarah did a wonderful job of stepping in for the less than attendant "attendants" and helped pin Bailey in, who obviously looked gorgeous in every dress.
I love seeking out my own personal likes and dislikes, or more fittingly, my likes and hates. For example, I liked these hairpieces...
...and hated whatever these were. I did like the display though.
I also realized how fortunate I am to (fingers crossed) have my mother's dress to wear. Otherwise, I would never be able to choose from the absolutely beautiful rows and rows of satin and silk.
We then had a fantastic meal at Breadwinners in Uptown--my favorite Dallas restaurant. Our waiter was quirky but our smoked gouda fondue and the buttermilk pan fried chicken with asparagus that I shared with my sister were delicious. Branson and Bailey's uncle Ron met up with us and we went to his house afterward to watch the Rocker so didn't get home until about 2:20 a.m. It was a wonderful combination of road mixes, dresses, food and Rainn Wilson. We also saw some of the Dallas estates and I think it compelled Branson to pursue a career more immediately. I, on the other hand, was particularly compelled by this establishment:
The question of the day after this bridesmaid dress trip and our (me, Bailey and Sarah's) recent deliberations is: Can we find a shade of red shoes that will look good with the French Blue color that the bridesmaids are wearing (on the left, but all of ours will be floor length), the Thyme color that my sister, the Maid of Honor, is wearing (far right), and the Peridot color that my Gramma, the Matron of Honor is wearing (middle), since I want red incorporated in the color scheme of the wedding to tie in my Dorothy shoes that I am searching for (and would appreciate any assistance in)? Daniel 2: 31-33 speaks of a terrible image, with feet of part iron and part clay. This did not work with the image's gold head and silver arms obviously, which I think goes to show, in a scriptural sense, just how important the feet are, and how the feet are dressed is. Therefore, the shoes are essential and it would be bordering on blasphemous to pay less than avid attention to them. Input in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Until soon,
Kate
Dear Branson,
ReplyDeleteWhy, oh why did you go? Was your other option sitting at home watching soccer? Was there a compromise so that she'll have to watch Harry Brown or play Xbox with you now? I can understand if you have a good, strategic reason. Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask you to give up a man card.
Sincerely,
Mark
Dear Kate,
As far as the shoes go, why not some hot pink ones that would go with the dress Michelle wore in Edinburgh? It'd be kinda red.
Sincerely,
Mark